Gregor’s Room

     


When reading Metaphorisis, I was looking for key elements to display the room like, texture, color and associated objects. A texture that really stuck out to me was crunch. Everything throughout the story seemed crunchy, dirty and unmaintained. In my interpretation of Gregor’s room, I saw a lot of rust toned colors, along with nature based colors. The requirements for this assignment were bed frame, box spring, mattress, head board, 1 furniture piece, blanket, pillow and a representation of Gregor. I modified my room to accomadate the way I visualized the story. Intead of a bed frame, I added a chest at the foot of the bed. My extra furniture piece that I added was a trash can, I felt like this was able to capture the dirty feel. The representation of Gregor I made was a blue box with ripped black paper as soil with a mushroom in it. I splattered ink onto the box spring to mimmick bed bugs. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of My Favorite Things.