Figurative Busts

 


This figurative bust tackles the social issue of preferred body type. The intention behind this bust was to crown all bodies, no shape or size, that all bodies are beautiful. I carved into the bust in the breasts and in the hips to represent stretch marks. Then I painted in the indentions with gold paint. I chose to not add arms onto the bust more of a stylistic choose rather than a social one. I used wire to create a unique crown on her and then I painted it gold. The most difficult part of this project was painting the stretch marks. I am still not happy with the way it looks. I was aiming for thin and delicate lines whiuch I did not achieve. 
My favorite part of this bust was creating it out of clay, it was so fun to mold and shape it. 


This figurative bust, isn’t a traditional bust. I chose to make an anatomical heart to better portray the issue I was attacking. The heart with the shards of glass sticking out is meant to represent anxiety and what it feels like to live with it. I used many different shades of red ink and with red arcylic paint. I wanted this piece to be able to connect with people who have experienced or continuly experiece anxiety. The hardest part of this project was painting the heart without it loosing its volume. My favorite part was breaking all of the glass. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of My Favorite Things.

Gregor’s Room